Mrs. Asha Sharma
Mrs. ASHA SHARMA
INDIAN LEARNERS’ OWN ACADEMY
||Mrs. Asha Sharma
||B.A. (Hons.) Pol. Sc, B.Ed ( CIE, Delhi University) M.A. (Pol. Sc.), M.A. (History), all through from Delhi University, PTC graduate (U.S.A. & U.K) with specialization in Instructional Supervision, Creating and administering an effective school, Leadership in group dynamics and curriculum development in an international school. Diploma in Journalism from Rajendra Prasad Institute of mass communication.
- Rendered nearly 41 years of service in the field of education as a teacher and administrator.
- Served Mother’s International School, Delhi (1 year).
- Delhi Public School as PGT – History & Pol. Sc., Head of Department, House Warden, Centre Superintendent and Head examiner of CBSE, Senior mistress & Headmistress – Sr. School for 17 ½ years.
- Founder Principal of Indian Central School, Kuwait where worked for 12 years.
- Founder Principal of Indian Educational School, where worked for 4 years.
- Founder Principal & Owner of Indian Learners Own Academy, Kuwait which started functioning from September 2010.
||Major achievements & responsibilities
5. Major recognitions
- Authored and edited a number of books in Economics, History, Civics, Environmental Studies, Social Studies and General Knowledge.
- As a free lance writer, penned a number of educational features and articles for leading dailies and popular magazines in Kuwait and India.
- Visiting Professor of Madurai Kamraj University for B.Ed and M.A. Pol. Sc. Courses. Organized several workshops and in-service training programmes for teachers in Kuwait.
- Hosted 11th and 17th conferences of the Council of CBSE Affiliated Schools in the Gulf. Convener of Kuwait Chapter of the CBSE schools in Kuwait under the Gulf council from 1998 to 2000, and again in 2004, 2006 and 2016.
- Managed CBSE help line and tele-counselling services from 1998 till 2010.
- Secretary of ‘the Gulf Council of the heads of CBSE affiliated schools in the Gulf’ from January 2005 to January 2006 and Chairperson of ‘The Gulf Council’ from January 2006 to 31st August, 2006.
- Team member of the committee for Inspection of schools for up gradation and affiliation to CBSE, Delhi.
- City Coordinator of CBSE for the academic year 2014-2015 for checking evidences of assessment and on the panel of CBSE for workshops of teachers.
- Member of mentoring team of CBSE since 2011. Mentoring 4 schools in Kuwait for last 4 years (2013-2014; 2014-2015; 2015-2016; 2016-2017) and had been the mentor of 4 schools in UAE for one year.
- Awarded ‘Dedicated Teachers Award’ by Lions Club, Gaziabad.
- Received National award for the best teacher- 2007 from President of India, Mrs. Pratibha Patil in recognition of meritorious serves rendered in the field of education.
- Awarded National CBSE mentoring award in September 2015 from the gracious hands of HRD Minister Mrs. Smiriti Irani.
- Received Principal of Principals Award from AISMTA from All India Schools Mathematics Teachers Association.
- International Elets Award-2016 on the 7th International Education Summit at Delhi on 6th August, 2016 at Hotel Meridian in Delhi. The award reads ” Indian Learners Own Academy, Kuwait is recognized for breaking new grounds in deep learning by impacting various categories of intelligences of learners at school through Innovation in teaching pedagogy. “
- EBA Award- 2017- ‘Excellence in Quality’ Award at International Conference an annual joint effort of Europe Business Assembly (UK), Academic Union Oxford (UK), European Medical Association (Belgium), Swiss Institute of Quality Standards (Switzerland).
|Mobile No. in Kuwait- 97116987
1. National Award
2. Mentor Award
3. Elets Award
4. EBA Award
5. Himakshra Award