Types of indiscipline
- Non adherence to rules confirming to Uniform include :
- Any student –without proper uniform and without a letter from the parents.
- Boys: elaborate hairdos – Keeping long hair, piercing ear lobes.
- Boys: Military haircut/step cutting / punk style
- Boys & Girls: Colouring of hair.
- Girls: Ornaments, fringe of hair and make-up which attracts undue attention of others.
- Late coming to school
Coming without proper leave letter after being absent from the School
(Refer to Leave Application format)
- Leaving the campus without proper permission.
- Leaving the class without proper permission.
- Any interaction accounted for by forged note or signature.
- Coming late to class after recess/break/PT periods/ Art periods etc.
- Damaging school property
- Student will have to pay for the damage done.
- In case of repeated incidents of damage, student may be asked to leave the school.
- In the class room with the teacher.
- Disturbing the class.
- Using abusive language in the class.
- Disobeying the teacher in the campus.
- Disobeying the teacher in the bus.
- Shouting loudly and behaving rudely in the corridors, near water coolers, near the library, near the canteens and near the administrative building.
- Fighting in the bus with other students.
- Forming gangs or inciting the students in the campus.
- Use of violence in any form.
- Substance abuse
- Tobacco or lighters in a student’s possession in the campus.
- Drugs or alcohol or other mood changing substances in student’s possession in the campus
- possession of prohibited materials
such as radio, tape recorder , walkman, weapons, skateboards, bleepers, mobile telephones, audio and video cassettes, objectionable literature etc.
- Cheating in the examination or using another person’s work as his or her own.
- Changing the marks or grades either on the answer scripts or on the report cards and forging the parent’s signature on the report card.
- Students will not instigate other co-students or Juniors to indulge in any misbehaviour or any form of anti-school activity which will bring disrepute to the school and could spoil the career of the student concerned.
- Breaking or violating any other rule, the punishment for which is not prescribed here, will be a matter for the school authority after observing the gravity of the conduct and the behaviour of the student in the past. The punishment given will be final.
ACTIONS TO BE TAKEN
- All acts of indiscipline will be notified to the parents through the school diary. Parents should check the diary of their ward on regular basis and take a note of all the remarks. In case of any in disciplinary act, the student should be advised for better behaviour.
- For any act of repeated indiscipline, the students will be given a written warning through a red card and will be sent to the counsellor.
- In the event of the student indulging again in act of indiscipline, student will be summoned the next day with the parents.
- If a student happens to have three entries in the red card and in spite of that, if the same student is again found indulging in an act of indiscipline, it will lead to immediate suspension.
- A student, who rejoins school after serving suspension and is found indulging in any act of indiscipline, will be dismissed without any further notice.
The Academy reserves the sole right to dismiss a student whose progress in studies is consistently unsatisfactory or whose conduct is harmful or injurious to other students. Immorality, grave insubordination, contempt of authority and wilful damage to school property are some of the reasons for immediate dismissal after the approval of The Ministry of Education.
The Academy believes in positive attitude and rewards and appreciates all the minor and major achievements of the students in order to motivate them to do better consistently. Students are tested through recapitulation tests throughout the academic year as per the schedule given in the almanac and the ones who score centum are awarded a “certificate of appreciation”. The students who perform well throughout the year are presented special award for their performance.
- A scholar badge is given to a student securing A+ grade in aggregate and A+ grade in all the main subjects i.e. English, Hindi, and Mathematics, science and Technology and Social Science.
- Scholar badges are given on the basis of result in classes 3 on wards.
Certificates of Merit are awarded to children for outstanding achievements in Sports and co-curricular activities.